Get a 15% Discount when booking Two of our most popular Alaskan Shore Excursions in Skagway and Juneau.
Skagway Full Day Yukon Tour + Juneau Whale Watching and Mendenhall Glacier Combo Tour
- A Discount of 15% when TWO tours are booked for your Alaskan Adventure. (This discount is automatic. No other discounts may be applied.)
- Skagway tour availability for the 2-city package varies by the day. If you are unable to select your desired date, try a different time. Questions? Call 1-907-523-6095.
- The Skagway Full Day Yukon Discovery Tour includes:
- Full-Day 6 hour Skagway Shore Excursion of the Stunning Yukon
- Travel along the Klondike Highway and spot wildlife such as moose, goats, bears and caribou.
- Learn about the Gold Rush History of the Yukon.
- Several Stops along the way for Great Photo Opportunities.
- Lunch is included – Barbeque Chicken, sides and some of Grandma’s Donuts.
- Browse through exhibits at the Wildlife Museum.
- Pet the Puppies in the Husky Village.
- The Juneau Whale Watch and Mendenhall Glacier Viewing Tour includes:
- 2 hours on-the-water Whale-Watching for Humpback whales, sea lions, bald eagles and other wildlife.
- Customized smaller boat sizes (24 or 49 passengers) for optimal whale viewing.
- Access to the Mendenhall Glacier Visitor Center is included.
- Flexible time at the Mendenhall Glacier – spend as little or as much time depending on your Alaska Cruise schedule.
- Take the shuttle bus every 30 minutes from the glacier back to Juneau’s port.
Ovation of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Cancellation Policy: Full refunds up to 24 hours before departure. Refund requests for health reasons less than 24 hours in advance will be granted 50% value of ticket price.
Skagway Full Day Yukon Discovery Additional Information
About the Tour
Take this Full Day Yukon Discovery Adventure as it begins in the town of Skagway and sweeps northward into the Yukon Territory. Taiya Inlet is surrounded by staggering mountains, and Skagway is rich with raw stories of Alaska’s Gold Rush; yet it is the Klondike Highway that will take your breath away as your tour guide leads you towards the Canadian Border – past deep gorges, icy waterfalls, ancient glaciers and the awe inspiring mountains summoning the feverish gold miners. See the trail they took back in 1898 in order to gild their pockets with that deep lustrous yellow stuff. Stops along the way vary – but the views are spectacular!
At the Summit, the fabled words “There’s gold in the Yukon!” might still echo back as you pass through the Tormented Valley where the true Sourdoughs hauled their one ton of goods ever northward towards the Golden Circle. Then pass by the Chilkoot Trailhead, a National Historic Site of Canada, and venture along the shores of scenic Lake Tutshi, and Taggish Lake until Caribou Crossing where we stop for lunch. After lunch and a visit to the Wildlife Museum, we will make a final stop at Emerald Lake.
This Skagway tour beckons with golden memories and stories of the Yukon Territory. Come see us in Skagway Alaska. We’re the alternative to the train.
We can get you out to discover and experience the Yukon’s natural beauty!
Pickup and Dropoff Locations
Ships arrive in Skagway at one of three docks: Railroad Dock, Broadway Dock and Ore Dock. Buses pick up guests in designated waiting areas near these docks. Disembarking may take some time. Be prepared to leave your ship with enough time to make your way off and find the waiting area.
After exiting your ship, walk past the security check point to the waiting area. A representative will be waiting in a red jacket holding a sign for Skagway Tours. If you have trouble finding the representative, please call Skagway Tours Dispatch at (907)723-4182 and we will point you in the right direction.
Please check in 15 minutes prior to departure. At this time, the representative will check your travel documents. If you are delayed, please call and let us know. All tours depart promptly. We do not issue refunds for late arrival. In some cases, the cruise line causes a delay. In this case, we may wait up to 10 minutes after the scheduled departure time or reschedule you on a later tour, depending on availability.
Wheel Chairs, Scooters and other Mobility Challenges.
Our tours travel into the wilderness! Guests must be prepared to walk up and down the three steps of the tour bus. We cannot accomodate motorized wheelchairs or scooters, however folding wheelchairs are acceptable with advance notice. Please make a note in the comments section on check-out.
Juneau Whale Watching and Mendenhall Glacier Combo Tour Additional Information
*All NCL Joy passengers please be aware of your all aboard time! You do not have enough time to do the 7:30am combo tour as there is current construction in Juneau.
Enjoy a two-hour on the water whale watching adventure aboard one of our new and custom-made boats. Next enjoy the stunning Mendenhall Glacier National Park. After exploring all the park has to offer, our shuttle will bring you back to downtown Juneau at the top or bottom of the hour, leaving you perfectly positioned to end your day shopping! Approximate total tour time: 5 hrs.
With our afternoon tour times, the order of the tour may differ than morning tours. Your time may be limited at the glacier.
Reservation and cancelation policy.
- Payment in full required at the time of booking.
- Only one discount may be applied per booking.
- A full refund is available up to 24 hours before departure. Partial refund requests for health reasons less than 24 hours in advance will be granted equalling 50% of the value of the individual ticket price.
- No refunds for late arrival or missing documents. Many tours leaving from Skagway, AK require a valid Passport, Visa or other valid proof of citizenship for entry into Canada and reentry into the United States.